Hello, and welcome to this page. Today, we’ll talk about how to change institute on your Jamb portal, as well as other data corrections like Name, Date Of Birth, Gender, State Of Origin, UTME Subject Combination Correction, and Profile Creation.
Have you been searching online, either on a search engine or on social media, for this information? Worry no more, we are here to guide you on how to proceed with the listed corrections on your jamb portal. A lot of students have been complaining that they made mistakes during their jamb registration and they want to change some corrections in their jamb account created on the portal during the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) UTME Registration, reassuring them that they can do so.
Change Of Institution/Courses And Other Data’s Correction
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board (Jamb) has made it very easy for all applicants who applied for the 2021/2022 jamb to make the following changes:
- Change Of Institution/Course Correction: This enables you to change institutions and choose your desired course of study at any Nigerian university, polytechnic, or federal college of education. Note: You can correct your data numerous times; all you have to do is pay a separate fee for each time you correct your data on the jamb portal.
- Change Name Correction: This allows candidates to modify their names on the jamb portal; many candidates make mistakes with their names, such as incorrect spelling or misplacing the surname, middle name, or last name; jamb has established provisions for this; nevertheless, these changes can only be performed once.
- Change Of Age Correction: If a candidate wishes to update their age owing to an error made when registering and inputting their jamb information, the jamb has included a feature that allows users to do so. However, this can only be done once on the jamb portal.
- Change Of Profile Creation: profile creation can be done only once without changes, candidates should exercise caution when making changes to their profiles.
- Change Of Gender: This is only supported when registering your jamb information or entering your bio-data from jamb centers. (can only be change once)
Reason Why you should Do Change Of Institution/Courses On Your Jamb Portal
Apart from correcting personal information such as names, dates of birth, gender, and state/local government area of origin.
The following are the reasons why you should change institutions or courses in order to be eligible for admission to any tertiary institute:
- Many students will be denied admission because of their Jamb Score; therefore, any candidate whose jamb score is low for the institution to which he or she applies should consider changing institutions. For example, if you apply for Unilag, Uniben, Abu, Buk, and other top universities with jamb scores of 180 and above, but your jamb score is less than 180, it is time to consider changing institutions to a suitable university or polytechnic that can accept you and grand you admission.
- It is excellent that you are seeking a course of your choice; but, candidates must work diligently in order to meet the requirements, particularly the jamb score.If you want to study Medicine, Law, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Elect/Elect and other competitive courses and your jamb score is less than 200 or 180, you should do some research on available courses that match your jamb score so that you can be admitted to the university, polytechnic, or federal college of your choice.
- Candidates who committed a mistake when filling out their jamb form for a particular institution or course
How Much Is Change Of Institution/Course And Other Data’s Correction Via Jamb Portal?
The cost of changing your institution or course, as well as your names, genders, dates of birth, state of origin, and other important information, is N2,500, which must be paid directly to Jamb online before you can make any changes.
NOTE: Only Jamb Accredited Centers are permitted to effect data/information correction changes. You are permitted to make payment online at any cafe, but candidates must print the payment slip online from their Jamb profile before proceeding to Jamb Accredited Centers to effect data/information correction changes.
How to do Jamb change of institution/course and Data Correction for 2021/2022
To make any of the changes listed above, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to JAMB change of course and institution portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/
- Login with your Email and Password
- Click on ‘Registration (2021)’ from the list of services on the left side
- Form the drop down; select ‘2021 UTME data correction’ to correct i.e. Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, and State/LGA of Origin
- Proceed to payment.
We’ve reached the end of this article, and we hope you found it useful. We’ll keep you updated on jamb information and how to pass your jamb with a score of 200 or higher.
We’re excited you’ve read this article all the way through to this point, and we’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.